Monday, October 14, 2013

Training goals October 14-October 21: Socialization and Morning Walks for a happier and more well-rounded puppy



So on our walk this morning – puppy was cautious towards a man in a hat. As soon as he was super friendly to puppy, puppy was super friendly and confident. Two minutes later there was a big big big man with fishing gear. Puppy was again cautious and then super friendly once man was friendly.

Point is though I haven’t gone out of my way to socialize puppy with people even though she meets people everyday.

This week training will be focusing on “socialization” stuff bla bla bla…

The “agenda” is we will be going to Fred Meyer’s on our evening walks and hanging out in front of Fred Meyer so she can meet lots of people.

My other goal is to get up at 6 A.M. the rest of this week Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday to get puppy up for morning walk/run if she will get into it to see if it makes a difference in puppy’s afternoon craziness while I'm gone at work. The idea is to see if she'll be more content during the day. I always take her out for a good walk in the afternoons but I'm soooooo lazy about it in the morning.

I can do this! Why is it so hard to get up in the morning? And I really really love fall crisp mornings with all the fog – it’s kind of eery and a little bit spooky. If I can just get up in the morning!!

Plus with daylight savings time right around the corner – pretty soon the only time I can walk the dogs with any light at all will be in the mornings.

I really hope I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment