1. start walking (in a place where it is easy to change direction).
2. The second the dog hits the end of the leash turn around abruptly (do not call your dog) and start off in a different direction.
3. The dog will have to follow.
4. When the dog AGAIN get to the end of the leash and you feel the least pressure on the lead, turn again and confidently head out in another direction.
5. Keep repeating until your dog is walking with a loose leash.
6. Practice for ten to twenty minutes each day until he watches you and doesn't pull. _________________________________________________________________
What I really like about it is that it seems like it teaches two things at once: 1) loose leash walking; 2) your dog learns to check in with you more and focus more on you!